Stop Limping Around In Agony With Your Ankle Arthritis!
Arthritis in the Ankles
Arthritis Ankle is the inflammation or irritation of the joints in the ankles and is usually accompanied by tenderness to the touch and painful movement. We will experience arthritis joint pain in our ankle when we flex or straighten it (or accidentally roll over on it when we’re sleeping and twist it while walking on an uneven surface).
As we age (particularly 40+), our tissues and bodily structures (especially joints) tend to repair themselves at a slower level and depending on our lifestyle and diet, may not repair themselves adequately – the result is a type of arthritis and in this case Arthritis Ankle Joint Pain.
Dealing With Ankle Pain
This can make simple tasks like walking to the bathroom rather difficult as one wrong touch can send pain shooting up to our brains, and then we’re left with a red throbbing ankle. The natural tendency is to shout as the pain can be immense as the desire to relieve arthritis pain quickly.
Ankle Arthritis is believed to be caused by performing excessive repetitive type movements, particularly when bending or straightening the joints in the ankle but is most commonly associated with injury or inflammatory conditions in the body. It can be a crushing injury like slamming a car door on it or from misjudging the next stair. It is now common amongst those that are avid runners or workout advocates.
Ankle Pain Relief Treatment
- Evaluate when you first notice it, and if you are using a repetitive motion, try to adjust the angle or your activity, or stop, rest and massage the affected ankle.
- Strengthen the muscles around the ankle joint (do some basic calf raises or get a non-impact joint friendly recumbent bike, elliptical trainer or home gym as exercise is extremely important to keeping your joint fluid and not stiffened and painful)
- Get a Far Infrared Heating Pad, and drape it over your ankle. This allows your muscles and connective tissues to relax and reduces inflammation and pain.
- Begin incorporating an arthritis diet, and cut back on the items that cause inflammation and pain
- Include Omega-3 oils (preferably from northern cold water fish)
- Add warming spices (anti-inflammatories) to your meals if you enjoy them (curry, turmeric, ginger, garlic, cayenne)
- Drink plenty of fluids, particularly Alkaline Ionized Water (removing acidity from the joints is extremely important and hydrating the joint keeps it operating smoothly and fluidly)
- Try topical Rub-On Relief for temporary relief (provides temporary acute pain relief while recovering)
- Take arthritis remedies (glucosamine, SAM-e, Curcumin & Bioprene)
- Use the homeopathic remedy for arthritis in conjunction with herbal remedies and muscle exercises and relaxers
- Lower your overall stress level (watch a comedy or even sing around the house, it really does work)
Performing specific arthritis exercises can take the pressure off of your ankle joints by strengthening the muscles, tendons and ligaments around them. The key to experiencing a full recovery from arthritis begins with giving your body the nutrition and supplementation it needs to rebuild your joints from the inside out. For arthritis ankle, as for most arthritis symptoms in the lower extremities, I recommend using Provailen because of it’s powerful tissue regeneration capabilities. It has a growth factors that build new tissue along with other special pain relieving herbs and immune system balancers too.